George Jones and Son (Contractors) Ltd provides painting, decorating, and property & building maintenance services to a variety of clients across the UK. We recognise that our operations generate environmental impacts and are pro-active in seeking ways to reduce our impact day on day.
Our Environmental Management System (EMS) has been developed and implemented, covering the management and operations of the Company, which is a statement that documents the core principles of the EMS. We have also been awarded with ISO 14001 demonstrating our commitment to the Environment and reducing our impact.
George Jones is committed to continual improvement and pollution prevention and objectives and targets are established and reviewed on a periodic basis. These address (amongst other issues) the following key objectives:
- Improve waste management and focus on waste minimisation.
- Improve energy and fuel efficiency.
- Improve resource efficiency and use of materials from sustainable sources where possible.
- Improve awareness and understanding of environmental issues amongst employees and contractors.
- Integration and partnering with our Suppliers & Customers on the recycling of our waste
We commit to ensuring compliance with legal and other requirements, which may include tender specifications, any aspects associated with the business, and any other requirements from organisations to which the company subscribes or works with.